If you are taking tablets or medicines long term, your doctor may arrange for you to have repeat prescriptions by issuing you with a computerised slip. At least a week before your drugs have run out tick the required items on this slip. You can either:
- Bring your completed computerised request slip and place it in the repeat prescription box provided on reception
- Post the computerised request slip, together with a stamped address envelope and we will return it to you
- Fax your request to 0161 301 6534
- Email your request to email@example.com
- Request your repeat prescription online using the link below, please note you will need to request a pin number from the surgery to start using this.
Order your repeat prescription HERE!
PLEASE NOTE - We do not take repeat prescription requests over the telephone.
Please remember to allow 2 working days before collecting your prescription. Note: weekends and bank holidays are not working days.
Every year the NHS counts the cost of unused or wasted medicines. A recent audit revealed that, for an average practice, it was estimated that £225,000 was spent on unused (stockpiled) or wasted medicines.
There are a number of steps that can be taken by patients to help reduce the amount of money we are currently wasting on medicines including:
- Only ordering repeat prescriptions for medicines you need at that time
- Check which medicines you have before ordering your prescription
- Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have stopped using a medicine
- Keep your repeat prescription list up to date
- Don’t hoard medicines for a rainy day or for the future
- Return any unwanted medicines to the chemist for safe disposal